Child Care Payment Policy
Payments for Child Care services must be made in advance and are not accepted at the school sites. You may pay by any of the following means:
- At the Camp Fire USA office, 1613 University NE, by cash, personal check, money order, MasterCard, Discovery card, or Visa. The office is open week days between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Payments by check or money order may be placed in the 24-hour-per-day drop box at the office. Please include your account number on checks and money orders.
- By telephone at 842-8787--Option #2, weekdays between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, using MasterCard, Visa, or Discovrey card.
- Through automatic debits from your bank account.
Payments may be made on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis, but must be received at the Camp Fire USA office by the Friday before services are rendered.
Program services for any child may be immediately suspended if account charges are not paid in a timely manner. Clients will be charged $35.00 for returned checks and may be put on a "cash only" basis for more than one returned check or auto debit. If Camp Fire USA's efforts to collect past-due accounts fail, account information will be turned over to a collection agency.
Parents will be notified of applicable rate changes for weeks in which extended care is offered. Applicable fees for these programs are also due in advance.
Policy on Charges and Credits
We do not offer refunds or credits in the following circumstances:
- For national holidays when Camp Fire programs do not operate (for example, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day)
- For absences from the program for less than one week (unless the child is on a daily contract)
We do offer full or partial refunds or credits in the following circumstances:
- For absences of one week or more (no charge if we are notified by the previous Friday, or one-half the regular charge if not)
- For cancellation of the contract prior to using Camp Fire services (refundable except for the registration fee and one-half of the first week's service fee)
State of New Mexico CYFD Child Care Assistance may be accepted at some Camp Fire programs. Call 841-4800 for more information on state assistance.
Questions relating to client accounts, charges and credits should be directed to the Camp Fire USA Accounting Department at 842-8787--Option #2, or e-mail us at Finance@campfireabq.org.