Camp Fire USA New Mexico Council Employment
Positions with Camp Fire
Camp Fire is looking for caring individuals who enjoy working with children and who want to make a positive impact in children’s live by providing fun educational activities in before and after-school programs.
The following part-time positions may be available throughout the Albuquerque area:
- Site Managers are responsible for maintaining the daily schedule and ensuring curriculum activities are implemented at school-based program sites. Site Managers supervise one or more assistants and also work directly with the children. Salaries are from $12.60 -$13.00 per hour.
- Site Assistants work directly with the children at school based sites as directed by the Site Manager. They are responsible for assisting the children with homework and facilitating fun educational activities. Salary is $10.50 per hour.
- Substitutes fill in for absent site Managers or assistants on an on-call basis and receive similar rates of pay.
- Tutors visit multiple school-based sites to assist children in practicing reading skills and encouraging children to read. Tutors work with children from Kindergarten through 5th grade. Salary is $10.50 per hour.
- Skill Building Instructors visit multiple school-based sites to conduct skill building activities with the children in areas such as science, cooking, music, technology, sports and creative arts. Salary is $10.50 per hour.
To qualify for these positions, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age for assistant, tutor or skill building instructors and at least 21 years of age for site managers
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have at least one year of experience working with children for assistant positions and two years experience for site manager positions
- Have at least one year of experience in an educational setting is for tutors and skill building instructors
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be available to work mornings, afternoons, or mornings and afternoons, Monday-Friday. Schedules may vary according to the position worked.
Part-time positions in our programs do not include insurance or other benefits, but they do offer:
- Exciting and challenging work in a positive and supportive atmosphere
- Staff development opportunities
- Good opportunities for career advancement
Mandatory Camp Fire Academy training will be July 30-August 10. Applicants hired must attend the entire training session and must be available to start work on the first day of school, August 13, 2012.